SDBMX.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

San Diego BMX Forums for San Diego BMX Discussions, San Diego BMX Information, San Diego BMX Bike Gallery, San Diego BMX Videos, San Diego BMX Racing, San Diego BMX Guide, San Diego Old Schoool BMX, San Diego Bike Shop Talk, San Diego BMX Racing

Log inLog in  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FACEBOOK  BLOG  

RESULTS From The Esco BMX Park SUMMER SLAM by Jon Faure

Go down 
+4
father/son duo
BMXICAN
HOSHPOSH
bmxsandiego
8 posters
AuthorMessage
bmxsandiego
Admin
bmxsandiego

RESULTS From The Esco BMX Park SUMMER SLAM by Jon Faure Empty
PostSubject: RESULTS From The Esco BMX Park SUMMER SLAM by Jon Faure   RESULTS From The Esco BMX Park SUMMER SLAM by Jon Faure EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 10:01 pm

Great turn out for the Escondido Summer Slam! I want to thank everyone for showing up and making this a great event. 57 riders showed up giving it their best and putting on a great show for the huge crown of spectators.

I want to give a special thanks to Brian Itzaina with Hidden Valley Bikes/SDBMX.com and Chris Gilbert with Omega Bike Shop for helping gather up some great sponsors and getting tons of donated prizes to give away and for our winners. Also, I want to thank Rob Morgan with Alienation BMX for helping with the judging and donating tons of great product. Jeff Gibson also did a great job helping with the judging and shows up at the park on a weekly basis helping the young kids learn new tricks. The judges did a great job with their consistency and I didn’t hear any complaints on the results. The legendary Mike Parenti was our announcer and had the crown fired up the entire time. We had to be finished up by 10pm because of a local noise ordinance. I didn’t know if we could pull it off but miraculously we wrapped everything up exactly at 10pm.

Most of the donations for this event came from Hidden Valley Bikes, Omega Bike Shop, Alienation BMX and Vans. They were a huge part of this great event.

We also had great product donated from Fit, Premium, Haro, SDBMX.com, Primo, Lotek, S & M, Evangeline, Mirra Co, Animal, Federal, Colony and SDSF.

Lastly, thanks to Escondido Skate Park for providing a great place to ride and hosting this event.

Here are the results!

13 and Under

1. Cody Norvell

2. Daniel Luna

3. Skyler Ray

4. Cameron Toye

5. Jack McKenna

6. Reid Lima

7. Kyle Wicka

8. Elijah Wedeking

9. Logan Crawford

10. Bailey Mclaughlin

11. Scott Boyle

12. DJ Minnion

13. Daniel Corona

14. Hank Minnion

14-16

1. Steven Mack

2. Fred Fortaliza

3. Mariano Cortez

4. Jachab Bingham

5. Austin Faure

6. Kyle Ormiston

7. Brendan Abbott

8. Scott Grande

9. Drew Earle

10. Landon Brown

11. Steven Saldivar

12. Josh Itzaina

13. Cole Hamilton

14. Chris Cordova

15. Vinnie Warner

16. Nicholas Haurilla

17. Jeremy Shorty

18. Erich Pray

19. James Cheatwood

20. Colin Andrews

17 and Over

1. Brad Ramirez

2. Jake Yeager

3. Grant Smith

4. Tanner Nichole

5. Adam Blanco

6. Chris Wallis

7. Nick Yzaguirre

8. Joe Rota

9. Josh Thomas

Advanced Open

1. Chad Kerley

2. William Anderson

3. Caleb Norman

4. Jourdan Barga

5. Daniel Sandoval

6. Lahshann Kobza

7. Justin Spriet

8. Chris Gilbert

9. Bryon Gallego

10. Sergio Munoz

11. Steven Caton

12. Jared Eberwein

13. John Hernandez

14. James Visser

Best Trick

Lahshann Kobza

Huge 180 over 8’ fence out of the park! Landed fakie to flat with a perfect 180 out! Insane! The crowd went wild! It was a no brainer for the judges.

Jon Faure
http://www.JonFaure.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.SDBMX.com
HOSHPOSH

HOSHPOSH

PostSubject: Re: RESULTS From The Esco BMX Park SUMMER SLAM by Jon Faure   RESULTS From The Esco BMX Park SUMMER SLAM by Jon Faure EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 7:39 am

i got 12th place in the 13-16. its a start....
Back to top Go down
BMXICAN

PostSubject: Re: RESULTS From The Esco BMX Park SUMMER SLAM by Jon Faure   RESULTS From The Esco BMX Park SUMMER SLAM by Jon Faure EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 1:17 am

Hell yeah, thanks to everyone who showed up and everyone who donated prizes.
Everyone was killing it. Can't wait for the next one! Twisted Evil

-BMXICAN
Back to top Go down
father/son duo

father/son duo

PostSubject: Next contest in November!   RESULTS From The Esco BMX Park SUMMER SLAM by Jon Faure EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 4:47 am

I am in the process of planning another contest for November. I'll keep you posted once I have an exact date. Next contest will be more riders (100 is my goal) More time to run the event. More sponsors. More age groups. More free stuff!
Back to top Go down
FredFortaliza

FredFortaliza

PostSubject: Re: RESULTS From The Esco BMX Park SUMMER SLAM by Jon Faure   RESULTS From The Esco BMX Park SUMMER SLAM by Jon Faure EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 7:37 pm

JOHN!!!!!! make another one please!

ima try to place again.. maybe win cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ride_thetimeisnow
father/son duo

father/son duo

PostSubject: Re: RESULTS From The Esco BMX Park SUMMER SLAM by Jon Faure   RESULTS From The Esco BMX Park SUMMER SLAM by Jon Faure EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 12:47 am

It's Official. Next contest will be October 31 (Halloween) Starting at 11am. Ideas, input, feedback, sponsors etc... Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Haruki

Haruki

PostSubject: t   RESULTS From The Esco BMX Park SUMMER SLAM by Jon Faure EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 9:53 pm

i got 4th? sick
if theres another contest i think there should be a jam format for the 17+ cause we didnt get one last time affraid
Back to top Go down
father/son duo

father/son duo

PostSubject: Re: RESULTS From The Esco BMX Park SUMMER SLAM by Jon Faure   RESULTS From The Esco BMX Park SUMMER SLAM by Jon Faure EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 10:19 pm

That one wasn't my call. I was out in the parking lot and the judges made that call because we were short on time. Next contest will start earlier and we will have plenty of time to run the event.
Back to top Go down
TannerPettit

TannerPettit

PostSubject: yeah ill actually be there   RESULTS From The Esco BMX Park SUMMER SLAM by Jon Faure EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 10:03 am

im so going to enter and actually be at this contest
so unfair that i missed out on the last one but so stoked for the upcoming contest

woo What a Face
Back to top Go down
father/son duo

father/son duo

PostSubject: Re: RESULTS From The Esco BMX Park SUMMER SLAM by Jon Faure   RESULTS From The Esco BMX Park SUMMER SLAM by Jon Faure EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 6:57 am

Back to top Go down
father/son duo

father/son duo

PostSubject: The Great Pumpkin Jam Update   RESULTS From The Esco BMX Park SUMMER SLAM by Jon Faure EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 4:48 am

So far I have Mutiny Bikes, SRH Clothing, Evangeline Clothing, S & M Bikes, Alienation BMX, MirraCo Bike and of course our two great BMX bike shops Omega Bikes and Hidden Valley Bikes supporting our next event.

Does anyone have any connections with any bike companies, clothing companies, drinks (energy, gatorade etc...) If you do, let me know.

Go to www.myspace.com/bmxcontest for all news and updates on the event.
Back to top Go down
DanielLuna15

PostSubject: Re: RESULTS From The Esco BMX Park SUMMER SLAM by Jon Faure   RESULTS From The Esco BMX Park SUMMER SLAM by Jon Faure EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 7:09 am

I got 2nd place in the 13 and under it was fun!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RESULTS From The Esco BMX Park SUMMER SLAM by Jon Faure   RESULTS From The Esco BMX Park SUMMER SLAM by Jon Faure Empty

Back to top Go down

RESULTS From The Esco BMX Park SUMMER SLAM by Jon Faure
Page 1 of 1